RVJA Accessibility Plan
As a Prescribed Organization under the BC Accessibility Act (2021), Robson Valley Jr. Academy is required to form an Accessibility Plan. As outlined on the Accessibility BC website (https://bcaccessibilityhub.ca/), RVJA will meet the three requirements of the act in the following manner.
- Committee: To meet the committee requirements of the Act, RVJA is using the committee of Associate Member Society of the FISABC, of which we are a member, as well as a secondary committee of BC principals under the organization: BC Conference of the SDA Church. On a local level, the Emergency Preparedness and Safety Committee (made up of the RVJA School Board) will be dealing with accessibility matters.
- Plan: RVJA will take the following steps in the 2023/24 school year:
- We will do an initial assessment of the level of accessibility in our school building to identify strengths and needs. This will be complete by January 1, 2024.
- We will meet the requirements of the Accessibility Act by formulating this plan and posting it on the school website.
- Feedback: Anyone with feedback on accessibility at RVJA is invited to email the principal, Laurel McKay at email@example.com , or telephone 250-569-2414.